Monday, April 13, 2009

Mondays.......gotta love them!


This is what happens when you get up to grab another cup of coffee at Dream Catcher Kennels....move your feet......lose your seat......



OK here we go with this thing. For a couple of months now I have been getting asked about the frequency of my journal detailing the happenings at Dream Catcher Kennels. To be honest the way I had things set up made it a pain in the butt to update leaving me at best a weekly post. But after some advice from a friend, I figured out what this whole blog thing is all about.......

Lots going on here at the DCK. Chickens arrived last week (more on this to come), puppies are growing like weeds (now 5 weeks old), USDA work is in full swing, temps have been reaching the 45 degree mark on a regular basis, and the days are getting longer. You just gotta love Spring in Northern Michigan!

Today is my favorite day of the whole week. Most of you probably think I am crazy to love Mondays but I see them not as a dreaded return to work but as a step towards progress in my life. I always seem to wake up before the alarm on Mondays ready to get the week started and accomplish something, anything, just be productive. Today was like all the others, turn over in bed glancing at the clock to see I could stay under the covers for another 45 minutes before the buzzer sounds, OR spring out of bed, make that pot of coffee I cherish so deeply and settle in the big arm chair with a note pad and pen scratching out the list of things to accomplish for the week.

Now "The List" is a multi use list that I carry with me the entire week. One side has work related tasks and goals while the other has projects around the kennel I see in need of completing. Then in various random spots throughout the margins I always seem to scribble a random thought or two, maybe a song, or a movie title I want to check out or a quote needing remembered. By the end of the week it is amazing the stuff I have accumulated there. But the best part about this list is fast forwarding to Saturday morning when I can sit back with that same cup of pre dawn coffee and look at all the scratch marks crossing off completed tasks. Sure makes that Monday morning planning session all the more meaningful.

Well here's to Mondays, and may your Tuesday be just as amazing.

"Dance like nobody is watching" author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment